Reproductive Justice is a social justice movement rooted in the vision that individuals and communities should have the resources and power to make sustainable and liberatory decisions about their bodies, genders, sexualities, and live free of stigma and shame.
Our Current Areas of Work
Muslim-led Reproductive Justice Organizations
Justice For Muslims Collective- DMV
HEART (Sex Education and Advocacy for Muslims)- MD, CA, IL, IN, NY, GA
#Vigilant Love- Los Angeles, CA
MALIKAH- International and based in Queens, NY
Sexual Health for Muslims
The Village Auntie
The Halal Sexpert
Carolina Abortion Fund Faith and Abortion Panel
The goal of this event was:
1. Discuss the relationship between reproductive justice and faith in our respective communities
2. Provide education across our bases to continue building collective power for abortion access/reproductive justice.
Password to access the recording: Hgk7?CV5
Resources the panelists mentioned during the above conversation:
From Rev. Katey Zeh:
- Information about the Religious Coalition for Reproductive Choice: rcrc.org
- The Religion and Repro Learning Center, where you can access free educational resources about abortion and reproductive justice in various faith traditions: https://rrlc.thinkific.com/
- Abortions Welcome, a spiritual companion for use before, during, or after an abortion: abortionswelcome.org
- Rev. Katey’s book event coming up in Raleigh this week: quailridgebooks.com/event/zeh22
From Lela, representing both Muslim Women For and PPSAT’s Muslim Organizing Program:
- Information about Muslim Women For: muslimwomenfor.org; you can also find them on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter
- Information about the Muslim Organizing Program (part of Planned Parenthood South Atlantic, which covers both North and South Carolina)
- Heart to Grow’s abortion resources, a fantastic organization promoting sexual health + reproductive justice for Muslims: hearttogrow.org/resources/abortion-resources/
And finally, a reminder that the Carolina Abortion Fund is asking faith leaders in North and South Carolina to commit to talking about abortion and reproductive justice with their congregations and communities.
Spread the word and sign up here! www.carolinaabortionfund.org/pledgetopreach2022
Want to connect with us on reproductive justice topics?