Muslim Women For is hiring for a Content + Social Media Manager. We are looking for someone that can strategically plan, implement, and manage social media for all of Muslim Women For’s accounts across multiple channels.
This job is ideal for someone who is:
- Adaptable/flexible — enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Detail-oriented – ability to convey our style, tone and grammar
- Autonomous/Independent — enjoys working with little direction
- Creative – enjoys socializing and can write in fun and engaging ways while maintaining clarity and organizational tone.
- Collaborative-spirit – we’re a small organization and we believe in transformational relationship building. We’ll ask for your input and feedback on all areas of our organization. The ideal candidate should be willing to share input with any aspect of our work that interests them.
- Knows how to have fun – we prioritize healing and wellness, and we believe in radical self-care and joy. There will be plenty of opportunities to take advantage of these opportunities both as a team and individually.
- Work with the Digital team to produce relevant content for social media platforms
- Learn Muslim Women For concepts and communicate this information in an engaging and understood manner
- Create content that is crafted to capture the attention of our target audience
- Own an end-to-end social media copy and message document process
- Collaborate with internal and external resources (designers, copy writers, social outfits)
- Creative concepting and writing
- Create digital content to showcase the services and events we offer
- Research needed materials to write social posts, blogs or product descriptions
- Proofread and edit needed social content before publishing
- Make edits and updates to the Muslim Women For website and digital assets
- 3+ years of writing experience
- Expert social media user for the platforms Muslim Women For uses
- Strong written and verbal communication skills working with content in multiple mediums
- Familiarity with CRMs like ActionNetwork
- Proficient in Hootsuite social media platform, Canva and TikTok
- Positive attitude and willing to jump in and tackle new challenges
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Strong attention to detail
- Self-motivated with the ability to multitask
- Works independently to produce many different types of written content for blog posts, social media posts/threads, web site pages, event pages, emails, and letters
- Participate and contribute in team meetings
- Collaborate with staff as needed to develop program-specific written content
- Attend and participate in quarterly progress evaluation
- Based in North Carolina
Nice to have:
- Ability to travel within NC to document events (less than 15% of time)
- Familiarity or past experience with Muslim Women For
- Past experiences in organizing or working for a non-profit organization
- Familiar with Islam and/or Muslim community (need not identify as Muslim)
- Familiar with civic engagement
- Familiarity with running ads on social media
- General knowledge of the NC political and community landscape, including electoral, legislative, and coalition-based organizing work.
- $2,700 monthly stipend with additional healing and wellness support
- Flexible schedule (work whenever you want as long as deadlines are met)
- Equipment and Internet connectivity support provided as needed (internet, hotspots etc.)
- Send the information below in one attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis through July 15, 2023. Expected start date is August 15, 2023. Send any questions to email@example.com.
- Writing Samples: This should be 3 diverse writing samples, a 800-word max personal statement, and a portfolio of past social media posts (any platform)
- Personal Statement: This should be an informal introduction or biography about yourself, anything you want to share with our team (your interests, hobbies, etc.)
- Getting Acquainted Call: 1 hour interview with Digital Director to discuss responsibilities, ask any questions and get to know each other
- Writing Prompts: Applicants will be given 3 writing prompts one week ahead of the scheduled interview. Applicant will write and submit the prompts ahead of the all-team call
- All-Team Call: 1-hour Video conference with the entire Muslim Women For team (Digital Director, Policy and Programming Director, and Finance Director) to talk about prompts, discuss fit and ask any additional questions.
- Notification: Applicant will be notified on the hiring decision within 1 week of the All-Team Call