We are looking to hire a social media manager. This position aims to keep Muslim Women For’s social media pages active.
Ideal candidates should understand our organizational pillars, share our organizational values, and be willing to learn new tasks and skills. We are looking for a creative individual who can take the initiative and work well with our community partners.
- Produce, edit and upload digital content including emails, tweets, blogs and other forms of social media
- Develop schedule for posting on Muslim Women For’s online plaftorms
- Assist with the management of digital/virtual events
- Create and curate content to be disseminated across progressive platforms
- Data cleaning, organizing online lists, occasional data entry on VAN and Action Network
- Enhancing Muslim Women For’s engagement efforts through messaging and digital outreach
- Based in the South
- 1+ years of experience in social media role or 2-3 years of proven experience in developing engagement on social media
- Highly organized self-starter, with an ability to prioritize time sensitive assignments and work independently
- Oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge of current events in the Southeastern, United States
- Based in North Carolina
- Past experience in organizing
- Knowledge of Every Action, VAN, Action Builder
- Knowledge of basic graphic design and/or digital tools
- Ability to create doodles or other digital images and graphics
- Familiar with Islam and/or Muslim community (need not identify as Muslim)
- $25 an hour for 10-15 hours a week
- Fully online, work from home
- Flexible schedule
- Internet connectivity support is provided as needed (internet hotspots, etc.)
- Opportunity to move into a full-time position with benefits within the next year
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis starting June 27, 2022.
Please submit a resume and contact information for two professional and 1 personal reference via email to email@example.com. Optionally, you may include a portfolio of social media posts that you have developed or links to accounts that you have created. These may be your personal, forward-facing accounts. If sharing posts, please share no more than 10 posts and do not share any content that does not belong to you. Portfolios must be in PDF form. In the subject line of the email put SOCIAL MEDIA MANAGER (LAST NAME, FIRST NAME).
Please do not send duplicate materials and incomplete applications will not be considered. Writing samples do not need to relate to work duties. No phone calls, please. If you have specific questions related to the position, email us.
Muslim Women For is an equal opportunity employer. We strongly encourage applicants of diverse backgrounds to apply (Black, brown, PoC, LGBT, people with disabilities, any immigration status). Muslim Women For does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ethnic background, citizenship status, religion, political orientation, genetic information, sexual orientation, age, or disability.