About Muslim Women For
Muslim Women For is a Muslim women-led advocacy and grassroots organization that works to center the lived experiences and issues of Black, brown, immigrant, and economically marginalized folks in North Carolina. Ideal candidates should understand our organizational pillars, share our organizational values, and be willing to learn new tasks and skills. We are looking for a creative individual who can take the initiative and work well with our community partners.
We are seeking a part-time Administrative Coordinator to support our team coordinate events, meetings, and training and manage organizational/program data.
The ideal candidate will share our values and have a track record in administration and program support, along with the ability to keep an energized team organized. You’ll be joining a team that is committed to creating a liberatory workplace – a living experiment in which we individually and as a team makes a working environment where we can show up as our whole selves.
Manage in-person event production in a Covid-safe approach, including securing and coordinating with venues, being the primary vendor contact, leading set up & pack down with the support of the team, coordinating catering and other necessary workshop supplies.
Managing virtual event production leading pre- to post-production, including setting up events in Zoom, managing RSVPs, and acting as primary tech host on Zoom to ensure all aspects of a virtual event are running seamlessly (screen sharing, recording, spotlighting breakout rooms, waiting rooms, etc.), downloading or editing video recordings if needed.
Program project management manages the production of program events and training, including scheduling and managing RSVPs, emailing attendees, creating Zoom registrations, and coordinating contracts and payments with guest facilitators.
Data & Administration
Maintain program events, convenings calendar, and team calls: ensure it is up-to-date and that all logistical details are planned in advance—support program managers in gathering relevant program schedules and content.
Support the operations team to manage contracts, MOUs, and invoicing when applicable for program participants, donors, and funding institutions.
Maintain detailed, up-to-date records for reporting purposes and support the development of reports, surveys, and other program materials.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Is committed to racial and social justice.
- Has a knack for coordinating and synthesizing moving parts and keeping things running according to a project plan.
- Proactively seeks out information they need, asks questions when they are stuck or unclear, and fully own moving their pieces forward.
- Loves executing a team’s vision, is excited about making the details happen, and understands the importance of the behind-the-scenes logistics work.
- Is known for their Zoom meeting and event production skills, ideally very comfortable and experienced in Zoom event production, including managing breakouts, spotlighting, meeting vs. webinar functionalities, recording, and use of third-party apps/widgets to enhance virtual convenings
- Loves data and details! Loves to organize information, create and coordinate user-friendly processes for the team, and generate reports to help us understand metrics across different programs.
- Is ready to step into an environment of self-accountability and am excited to work within a team that is committed to the joy and responsibility of co-creating a liberatory team culture.
- Has at least two years of nonprofit administrative or program support experience.
- Has proficiency in online tools/databases, including Google Suite, Zoom, and Microsoft Office
This is a part-time position with a work schedule of no more than 20 hours a week. The Administrative Coordinator will be compensated $30/hour. We also offer a staff support stipend for professional development and personal wellbeing. As an organization, Muslim Women For closes for an entire month each year to prioritize radical rest and national, cultural, and religious holidays throughout the year. While the position will be largely remote (with some in-person events or meetings), we’d like a candidate who lives in the Raleigh-Triangle (North Carolina) area as we plan for future in-person events.
How to Apply
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis starting June 15, 2022.
Please submit a resume and contact information for two references via email to email@example.com and include Administrative Coordinator (LAST NAME, FIRST NAME) in the subject line. We do not require a cover letter or personal statement, but you may have one if you’d like. There is no penalty for not including one.
Please do not send duplicate materials and incomplete applications will not be considered. No phone calls, please. If you have specific questions related to the position, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Muslim Women For is an equal opportunity employer. We strongly encourage applicants of diverse backgrounds to apply (including but not limited to Black, Brown, PoC, LGBTQIA+, people with disabilities, and different immigration statuses.) Muslim Women For does not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ethnic background, citizenship status, religion, political orientation, genetic information, sexual orientation, age, or disability.