The purpose of the Field Organizing Manager role is to drive our programs that will build progressive policy changes at the local and state level while countering opposing agendas and building a strong base and coalitions with community partners.
The ideal candidate will have an organizing background in Muslim or BIPOC communities, excellent relationship-building capabilities, and experience in leading and driving results through a team. The incumbent in this position will leverage their strong leadership skills, interpersonal skills, and influential decision-making abilities with a proven track record of success in similar roles of progressively greater responsibility. The ideal candidate will have an organizing and campaigning background, excellent relationship-building capabilities, and experience in leading and driving results through a team.
Because our priority communities and colleagues come from a wide range of backgrounds, applicants need to be able to thoughtfully navigate issues related to diversity, equity, and inclusion, and bring a deep commitment to advancing these values. They’ll also need to bring a strong commitment to excellence and true collaboration, and ability to work quickly but carefully, an appreciation for patience, and developing and growing a collaborative team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Management and support of canvassers, volunteers, and supporters
- Collaborate with a team to develop synergy & alignment among issue campaigns, policy, movement politics, communications, and power building.
- Demonstrate a team approach, through a sharp vision, clear responsibilities, and deep commitment to our campaign goals, while investing in staff and network leadership.
- Create successful campaigns by collaborating with campaign directors, policy directors, and their staff.
- Represent the organization when managing a portfolio of external ally and donor relationships
- 1+ years of demonstrated experience working with community, labor, or electoral organizations with a track record of success in developing campaigns.
- Demonstrated ability to provide superior client service and build long-lasting relationships.
- High accuracy and attention to detail while juggling multiple responsibilities and projects with competing deadlines.
- Strong sense of organization and time management skills.
- Must have reliable transportation and a valid driver’s license.
- Desired Competencies
- Demonstrated strong leadership capabilities.
- Ability to work autonomously.
- A strong commitment to results; a “can-do” mindset with an emphasis on accountability.
- Strong sense of urgency while remaining calm under pressure.
- Ability to troubleshoot for effective resolution.
- Adaptable self-starter who can take the appropriate initiative to drive results.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including presentation skills.
- Able to collaborate effectively and positively interact with all levels of the organization.
- Resourceful, creative, and open to new ideas.
Salary and Benefits:
Salary is commensurate with experience and within the parameters of Muslim Women For’s compensation scale.
How to Apply:
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis starting April 5, 2022. The job posting will close when we find a suitable candidate so please submit your materials as soon as possible.
Please submit a resume and contact information for two references via email to email@example.com and include FIELD MANAGER (LAST NAME, FIRST NAME) in the subject line. We are not requiring a cover letter or personal statement but you may include one if you’d like. There is no penalty for not including one.
Please do not send duplicate materials and incomplete applications will not be considered. No phone calls, please. If you have specific questions related to the position, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Muslim Women For
Muslim Women For is a social justice advocacy non-profit based in Raleigh, North Carolina. Ideal candidates should understand our organizational pillars, share our organizational values, and are willing to learn new tasks and skills. We are looking for a creative individual that can take initiative and work well with us and our community partners.
Muslim Women For is an equal opportunity employer. We strongly encourage applicants of diverse backgrounds to apply (including but not limited to Black, Brown, PoC, LGBTQIA+, people with disabilities, any immigration status.) Muslim Women For does not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ethnic background, citizenship status, religion, political orientation, genetic information, sexual orientation, age, or disability.