We are looking to hire a social media manager. The goal of this position is to keep Muslim Women For’s social media pages active. Our team is committed to supporting the selected candidate and providing training.
Ideal candidates should understand our organizational pillars, share our organizational values, and are willing to learn new tasks and skills. We are looking for a creative individual that can take initiative and work well with us and our community partners.
- Work closely with our digital director to produce and upload digital content
- Assist with the management of digital/virtual events
- Create and curate content to be disseminated across progressive platforms
- Data cleaning, organizing online lists, occasional data entry on VAN and Action Network
- Enhancing Muslim Women For’s engagement efforts through messaging and digital outreach
- Based in North Carolina (do not apply if you are not currently located in North Carolina)
- Highly organized self-starter, with an ability to prioritize time sensitive assignments and work independently
- Oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge of current events
- Past experience in organizing
- Knowledge of basic graphic design and/or digital tools
- Ability to create doodles or other digital images and graphics
- Familiar with Islam and/or Muslim community (need not identify as Muslim)
- $15 an hour for 10-15 hours a week
- Fully online, work from home
- Flexible schedule
- Internet connectivity support provided as needed (internet hotspots, etc.)
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis starting January 20 2021.
Please submit a resume, contact information for two references and one writing sample (no longer than 1000 words) via email to email@example.com and include SOCIAL MEDIA MANAGER (LAST NAME, FIRST NAME) in the subject line. We are not requiring a cover letter but you may include one if you’d like. There is no penalty for not including one.
Please do not send duplicate materials and incomplete applications will not be considered. Writing samples do not need to relate to work duties. No phone calls, please. If you have specific questions related to the position, email us.
Muslim Women For is an equal opportunity employer. We strongly encourage applicants of diverse backgrounds to apply (Black, brown, PoC, LGBT, people with disabilities, any immigration status). Muslim Women For does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ethnic background, citizenship status, religion, political orientation, genetic information, sexual orientation, age or disability.