We are looking to hire a digital organizing intern for the electoral season, from June through November 2020. The goal of this position is to help with our digital strategy, lead phone and text banking initiatives and find creative ways to engage our community during the 2020 census and election season. Our team is committed to supporting the selected candidate, providing training and ensuring that by the end of this experience they will be well equipped to work as a digital organizer for any progressive organization.
Ideal candidates should understand our organizational pillars, share our organizational values, and are willing to learn new tasks and skills. We are looking for a creative individual that can take initiative and work well with us and our community partners.
- Work closely with our digital director to conduct and manage peer to peer texting program and phone outreach for GOTV and census efforts
- Assist with the management of digital/virtual events
- Create and curate content to be disseminated across progressive platforms
- Data cleaning, organizing online lists, occasional data entry on VAN and Action Network
- Enhancing Muslim Women For’s engagement efforts through messaging and digital outreach
- Participating in digital organizing trainings online and bi-weekly meetings
- Based in North Carolina
- Highly organized self-starter, with an ability to prioritize time sensitive assignments and work independently
- A passion for progressive politics and social change
- Ability to collaborate well with a diversity of community partners
- Oral and written communication skills
- Social media skills
- Knowledge of current events
- Past experience in organizing
- Knowledge of basic graphic design and/or digital tools
- Familiar with Islam and/or Muslim community (need not identify as Muslim)
- $15 an hour for 10-15 hours a week
- Fully online, work from home
- Flexible schedule
- Internet connectivity support provided as needed (internet hotspots, etc.)
Applications will be accepted through May 31 2020. Please submit a cover letter, resume, two references and one writing sample via email to email@example.com and include DIGITAL ORGANIZING INTERN (LAST NAME, FIRST NAME) in the subject line. Please do not send duplicate materials and incomplete applications will not be considered. Writing samples do not need to relate to work duties. No phone calls, please. If you have specific questions related to the position, email us.
Muslim Women For is an equal opportunity employer. We strongly encourage applicants of diverse backgrounds to apply (Black, brown, PoC, LGBT, people with disabilities, any immigration status). Muslim Women For does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ethnic background, citizenship status, religion, political orientation, genetic information, sexual orientation, age or disability.